Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New Year Question for yiz! (Read 18308 times)
Reply #15 - 01/07/07 at 16:44:13
luap   Ex Member

John Keogh WAS the man behind "Heffo's Heroes". After the Greenbeats folded, he worked for RTE as a producer (still does, perhaps?) but he couldn't shake the performing bug so he formed rock and roll band Full Circle and I think they are still gigging! They recorded "Heffo's Heroes" which I think was also composed by John, and persuaded Hawk Records to back it.  I have no idea why they didn't use the band name.

IP Logged

Reply #16 - 01/07/07 at 18:48:59

whistle   Offline
Journeyman Musician
while you work
Kerry

why did you give a clue "not bue but ...green" that's just leading people astray if the greenbeats were gone.  have you any way to prove that you're right?  I really can't see John Keogh doing that.  One  recording  Full circle did in the late 70s was an excellent R&R album called "Party Hits" or similar.

Kim Newport's single "Stop Think" was written by John Keogh, and he produced "The Live Mike" TV series which provided him with a platform for his many gags and antics. He also produced Larry Gogan on radio and if Larry wasn't such a gentleman he'd have a few tales to tell!
But Heffos Heros?  prove it.

IP Logged

Reply #17 - 01/08/07 at 22:45:39
luap   Ex Member

Whistle, its a fact. You prove that its not.

IP Logged

Reply #18 - 01/09/07 at 20:42:00

alpineseven   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dublin

Whistle will ya get a life .If the man says its John Keogh just believe him.He would not be the first to release a record under another name sure didnt Horslips do it at the height of their fame and so did The Saw Doctors. Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

IP Logged

Reply #19 - 01/09/07 at 20:50:25

Tiptop   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Does anyone one know who wrote "Heffo's Heroes"? If John Keogh wrote it  then I guess that would confirm what luap is saying. I recall Dave Pennefeather having some involvement in the recording! Can you throw any light on that luap?

IP Logged

Reply #20 - 01/09/07 at 21:39:48

alpineseven   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dublin

I really dont know why i bother but i have been on to a collector friend of mine in the hope of putting this to bed.According to him he remembers it was someone from the 60s who was behind it and he checked the single for me and here are the details writers as follows .
J Koff / S Frank also wrote the b side .
Published by Squirrel Music. Hawk Hasp 351.
Those names look a bit iffy to me so it certainly could be  the man himself.

IP Logged

Reply #21 - 01/09/07 at 21:41:29

liamo   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
arklow. ireland

J Koff has the same initials as John Keogh

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print